Thursday, April 2, 2009

mid-week fun

Last night I went out to dinner at Top Flr with a group of women from my street. It was a fun group; several neighbors that I know and some new faces. I've always liked to be friends with my neighbors. I guess it comes from growing up in a small, southern town where I played with the kids on my street and later baby-sat for the younger children in the neighborhood. When I lived in DC this was difficult because people tend to be wary of strangers. If you smile at someone and say hi, they look at you suspiciously. Well, not everyone, I'm generalizing a bit, but you get my point. Anyway, it's nice that here my neighbors are friendly and hang out together.

One of the women I met is also from Richmond, she and her husband both grew up there, and she went to Virginia Tech and her husband went to UVa. What are the chances that we move 600 miles away and live 4 houses down from a couple from the same town??!! They also do not yet have children and we laughed about how different our schedules are from the rest of our neighbors. For example, you will rarely find us up before 9 or 10 on the weekends. Don't judge, I get up at 5 in the morning during the week. I need to catch up on my beauty sleep!

It was a very fun night and Top Flr is great - delicious food and a very fun cocktail and wine menu. Our waiter was fantastic and friendly considering we were a fairly loud group of 12 women and he didn't panic or get rude when we had a late addition and required an extra chair and some shuffling. Honestly, I'm not the pickiest eater so usually the service in a restaurant makes all the difference to me.

Tonight we're going to a cocktail party here hosted by the Atlanta UVa alumni club to celebrate the start of Cavaliers Care week. I love drinking for a good cause ;) Happy almost-Friday everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And it does look like a good cause, so drink a lot and have fun!

P.S. I love loca luna.

Anonymous said...

I love Top Flr. I can walk there. The mac n' cheese and the duck confit pizza are my favorites.

KAG said...

ps come enter my fun smathers and branson giveaway. xoxo KAG