Thursday, March 19, 2009

one 2009 resolution down....

One of my resolutions for this year was to eat better, ie more vegetables and fruit, less sugar. After reading The Omnivore's Dilemma I became really interested in how organic and/or local produce impacts the environment and our bodies. I'll skip the boring and probably convoluted thought process I had about this but the end result is that I decided to join a CSA, which stands for Community Supported Agriculture. You basically buy a "share" of a local farm at the beginning of the season and then share in the output from the farm all season long. I just got a welcome email from the farm today and I can't wait until April when we start picking up our produce!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea. Kudos to you for wanting to eat healthy and also for having the energy to go out and pick/pull up your own food.

Politics to Peaches said...

oh, we're not picking it ourselves! that is an option, but we just meet someone from the farm at a designated in-town location and pick our produce up. while it might be fun to go out to a farm and actually pick my own vegetables, it's more than an hour outside of atlanta and i'm sure the appeal would wear off quickly! i'm excited nonetheless ;)