Tuesday, January 27, 2009

belugas and birthdays

Cary and I spent this past Saturday afternoon being tourists in our own city. We had not yet been to the Georgia Aquarium and the special Titanic exhibit is closing at the end of the month so we finally made time to go. The Titanic exhibit was very well done. There are actual artifacts that have been discovered in the wreckage, stories of passengers, and replicas of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class rooms. very, very cool and interesting, and also tragic.

The other highlights for us were the two enormous aquariums - one with three Beluga whales and a second with Whale Sharks and tons of other sea life. The Whale Shark tank is so large that people scuba in it! While we were walking through the see-through tunnel a group swam over us. It was so strange.

Saturday night we went out in Atlantic Station with our friend C for his birthday. We had dinner at Geisha House (as an aside, I was not impressed with the food there. It seemed kind of, well, generic and over-done to me. Like they're trying too hard. But our waitress was awesome.) Then we went bowling at Ten Pin Alley, which is literally next door. This is the poshest bowling alley I've ever been to - really it was a hip lounge with some bowling lanes thrown in. I rarely go bowling but it was a really fun night. Even if I did break my thumbnail so low that it hurts now ;(

1 comment:

BLC :o said...

Hey you! I wanted to let you know I tagged you on my blog! So, tag you're it! Xoxo-BLC