Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rockumentary

A friend sent me a link to the rockumentary 'Call and Response' today. (http://www.callandresponse.com/)
This documentary was made entirely through donations of time and money and 100% of the ticket sales go to organizations working to end the slave trade around the world. After looking at the website and reading a bit about the project, I'm definitely interested in going one night next week. The film opens today in Atlanta (Landmark Theatre in Midtown and LeFont in Sandy Springs) and nationally tomorrow. My friend has already seen it and highly recommends it. In her words:
"This film is an eye opening picture of how slavery still exists in our world and how we can do something about it. You can buy your tickets online even if the film is not out in your city yet."

I wanted to pass this along as I did not realize the extent of human trafficking worldwide and I think this is an important cause.

No comments: